Adoremus, Society for the Renewal of the Sacred Liturgy
Vol. XIX, No. 1
Basic Resources on Liturgy
Sacrosanctum Concilium Vatican II Constitution on the liturgy
Catechism of the Catholic Church
1. Pt II, Sec 2, Ch 1, Article 3 - The Sacrament of the Eucharist (§§1322-1419) basic summary: vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/p2s2c1a3.htm
2. Pt III, Sec 2, Ch 1, Article 3 - The Sabbath Day (§§2168-2195) on Sunday and the Eucharist: vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/p3s2c1a3.htm
Redemptionis Sacramentum - on matters to be observed or avoided regarding the Most Holy Eucharist (2004)
Ecclesia de Eucharistia - Pope John Paul II’s 2003 encyclical
General Instruction of the Roman Missal - usccb.org/prayer-and-worship/the-mass/general-instruction-of-the-roman-missal/
Other Church documents related to liturgy: see Church Documents
Recommended reading: Pope Benedict XVI/Cdl. Ratzinger - Spirit of the Liturgy (Ignatius Press)
Mystical Body: Mystical Voice by Fr. Douglas Martis and Christopher Carstens (Liturgy Training Publications) book/DVD Good explanation of the new Missal texts
US Conference of Catholic Bishops’ statements on liturgy (for background on Church music and architecture ordering information at USCCB.org)
Sing to the Lord (on music) (revised 2012)
Built of Living Stones (on church architecture)
Credit Card Donations
To donate by credit card:
1. Call our office to donate directly: (314) 863-8385, have your name, address and credit card number ready. If you would like automatic donations to Adoremus let us know what date(s) you would like to be billed on.
2. You may also donate by using Network for Good: http://www.networkforgood.org (follow instructions on site)
3. You may donate using PayPal below
US Membership Donation
Foreign Membership Donation
**Adoremus operates solely on your generous donations.**
Adoremus is a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Donations are tax deductible.
Site Copyright © 1999 - Present by Adoremus
All rights reserved.
All material on this web site is copyrighted and may not be copied or reproduced without prior written permission from Adoremus, except as specified below:
Permission is granted to download and/or print out articles for personal use only.
Brief quotations (ca 500 words) may be made from the material on this site, in accordance with the “fair use” provisions of copyright law without prior permission. For these quotations proper attribution must be made of author and Adoremus + URL (i.e., Adoremus or Adoremus Bulletin www.adoremus.org.)
Generally, all signed articles or graphics must also have the permission of the author. If a text does not have an author byline, Adoremus should be listed as the author. For example: Adoremus (St Louis: Adoremus, 2005 + URL)
Link to Adoremus web site.
Other web sites are welcome to establish links to www.adoremus.org or to individual pages within our site.
Home | Join/Donate | Adoremus Bulletin | Archive | Index | Church Documents | Architecture | Posture | Music | Translation | What's NEW? | FAQ | Search Site | Site Map