Adoremus, Society for the Renewal of the Sacred Liturgy
JOHN PAUL II
Second Sunday of Lent
Sunday, February 20, 2005
1. The Spiritual Exercises in which I took part together with many of my Collaborators in the Roman Curia concluded yesterday with a solemn Eucharistic Celebration, followed by Adoration.
The Eucharist is the source from which communion between the members of the mystical Body of Christ draws ever new vigour.
2. In this perspective the special task entrusted to Peter and his Successors becomes crystal clear: the Petrine ministry is essentially a service to the unity of the Church. "You are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church" (Mt 16: 18). Further comforting words echo this promise of the Lord: "I have prayed for you [Simon] that your faith may not fail; and when you have turned again, strengthen your brethren" (Lk 22: 32).
3. "Feed my lambs.... Tend my sheep" (Jn 21: 15, 16, 17). I feel Jesus' invitation particularly alive in my heart when I contemplate the Eucharistic Mystery. To him, the Good Shepherd, I entrust the entire People of God on this Lenten journey to Easter.
Let us invoke the support of Mary, Mother of the Church, with the customary prayer of the Angelus.
Credit Card Donations
To donate by credit card:
1. Call our office to donate directly: (314) 863-8385, have your name, address and credit card number ready. If you would like automatic donations to Adoremus let us know what date(s) you would like to be billed on.
2. You may also donate by using Network for Good: http://www.networkforgood.org (follow instructions on site)
3. You may donate using PayPal below
US Membership Donation
Foreign Membership Donation
**Adoremus operates solely on your generous donations.**
Adoremus is a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Donations are tax deductible.
Site Copyright © 1999 - Present by Adoremus
All rights reserved.
All material on this web site is copyrighted and may not be copied or reproduced without prior written permission from Adoremus, except as specified below:
Permission is granted to download and/or print out articles for personal use only.
Brief quotations (ca 500 words) may be made from the material on this site, in accordance with the “fair use” provisions of copyright law without prior permission. For these quotations proper attribution must be made of author and Adoremus + URL (i.e., Adoremus or Adoremus Bulletin www.adoremus.org.)
Generally, all signed articles or graphics must also have the permission of the author. If a text does not have an author byline, Adoremus should be listed as the author. For example: Adoremus (St Louis: Adoremus, 2005 + URL)
Link to Adoremus web site.
Other web sites are welcome to establish links to www.adoremus.org or to individual pages within our site.
Home | Join/Donate | Adoremus Bulletin | Archive | Index | Church Documents | Architecture | Posture | Music | Translation | What's NEW? | FAQ | Search Site | Site Map